What is hydration?
Hydration refers to the process of providing an adequate amount of liquid to the body tissues to function normally.
Drinking enough water every day is important for your health. Most of your fluid needs are met through the water and beverages you drink, and some fluids are absorbed through foods.
Hydration is vital to good health yet needs vary by individual.
Why we need to be hydrated?
Maintaining proper hydration and electrolyte balance will:
Sustain a cooler body temperature
Allow smooth transport of nutrients
Lubricate and cushion joints
Lead to optimal functioning of internal organs
Improves performance & recovery
Prevents fatigue/ tiredness
Prevents muscle cramps
Avoids dizziness/ headaches/ heat stroke
Improves decision making/ focus/ concentration
How to stay hydrated?
- Carry a water bottle for easy access when you are at work or exercising.
- While exercising, drink at least 1 liter of fluid (water + salts) for evert kilogram of weight lost.
- Drink fluids having the right balance of salts* and carbohydrates**.
- The fluid should facilitate absorption and retention by the body.
- Do not have aerated drinks, caffeinated beverages and other sugary drinks as they contribute to dehydration.
*Salts: Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, Chloride
**Carbohydrates: Glucose, Sucrose
Hydration guidelines for children
|Gender||Age group||Amount of fluid from drinks
and food (litres/day)
|Amount of fluid from drinks
|Boys and girls||4 to 8 years||1.6||1.1-1.3|
|Girls||9 to 13 years||1.9||1.3-1.5|
|Boys||9 to 13 years||2.1||1.5-1.7|
|Females||14 years+||2||1.4 – 1.6|
|Males||14 years+||2.5||1.75 – 2|
Why choose Enerzal?
Enerzal is better absorbed as the Osmlarity is like that of body fluids.
The high sugar content in commonly consumed drinks leads to dehydration.